Monday, March 03, 2003

Just confirmed my reservations for the trip to Europe. The good news is that the airfare only cost me $93 due to creative use of frequent flyer miles. The bad news is that I had to fly into Rome to make this work, since US Airways doesn't serve all that many European airports. So I'm arriving and departing in a different city from the friend I'm traveling with. But still, for $93 I'll put up with some hassle!

We've talked about renting a car, but one snag is that most cars over there seem to be stick shift. I haven't driven one of those suckers in years, and the last time I did the owner (who was in the car with me) apparently swore she'd never let me touch it again. But I got us home, and the car survived the experience...

Anyone know the Italian for "I'm trying, but it keeps stalling -- pull around me!"?

No comments: