Thursday, June 12, 2003

Random Wednesday Happenings

After a number of false starts, I finally met up with an acquaintaince from high school in Maryland who moved to Nashville with her husband last year and is now randomly running for city council! We hung out for a few hours at a Chili's out in Hermitage, which is so far outside of my normal downtown Nashville orbit, it's scary. We gabbed about all the old band gossip, who's now living in strange foreign countries, what we've been up to for the last ten years, etc. Got them interested in the UFO club at Flying Saucer. Now I'm not just drinking my way to fame, I'm helping spread the word!

I might end up using my pickup truck to help them move sometime in the next few weeks. And two weeks ago I made a run with a friend to drop a load of brush at the city composting center. I'm actually starting to feel like I'm doing my part to live up to the pickup truck image.

On an unrelated note, I just got the missing pieces that let me use the new phone as an MP3 player -- which is pretty cool. I loaded about three hours of music onto it, and can listen skip-free while carrying the phone around. The headphones even have a button that will mute the music and let me talk if the phone ring. I'm starting to feel better about the small fortune I had to shell out to get this thing. I'll be even happier when I get all my assorted rebates and refunds back.

Tomorrow and Friday I've got a professor from the university I visited for a week in November coming to see how I do my job. I think he's going to find that it's much less exciting and glamorous than he thinks.

No comments: