Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Danielle started a conversation about Chili... I typed in my favorite in her comments, but I figured I'd share with you folks too:

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsly chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2 oz) red kidney beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (I sometimes use canned tomatoes with chilis mixed in - something like RoTel.)
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano or cilantro leaves
1 tsp sugar (optional)

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper. Saute 8-10 minutes.

2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes. Makes 6 cups.

(I think this was clipped from an ad, and they had a "serving suggestion" of putting it in a hollowed out bread bowl, but I've never done that.)

No comments: