Tuesday, June 17, 2003

My younger brother is buying a house. My friend Aaron just bought a house. Layne bought a house. Another friend from work is buying his second house, after tearing his apart and rebuilding it for the last four years.

Meanwhile I'm still sitting here waffling about whether I'm going to at last settle down in Nashville, go live the hip urban life in Boston, head back to my old haunting grounds in DC, or just maybe go find some sort of job that lets me travel to interesting places like Lithuania, Siberia, or South America. So instead of making hard decisions about this stuff, I sit here in the middle of the night listening to the best of the 40s, 80s, and 90s on MP3 and plagiarizing blog passages about atom bombs. I lack direction, so I avoid thinking about it by wasting time on things that don't matter.

No comments: